Solution: IHE-compliant software for the healthcare sector with enaio®
IHE is an initiative of users, manufacturers and service providers with the goal of standardizing data exchange between IT systems in the healthcare sector.
The IHE organizes collaborations between users, developers and implementers with the aim of ensuring error-free communication between IT systems.
IHE defines practical requirements in use cases. Based on this, it identifies standards and develops technical guidelines (profiles).
More efficiency in the health sector
IHE Operation Cycle Process
- Users define requirements.
- IHE outlines application scenarios, selects implementation standards, publishes technical specifications in profiles and organizes Connectathons.
- Developers implement profiles in interoperable software and test them with industry partners on Connectathons.
- The test results are published in integration declarations and in a product registration form that serves IT managers as a source of information for implementation.
- In contrast to proprietary solutions, interoperable solutions can be scaled without additional interfaces.
- Interoperability is enhanced through the right use of the appropriate standards
- IHE-compliant software can be used independent of manufacturers in various IT environments
- Interoperability is a process-oriented rather than a technology-oriented approach
Thanks to its hardware independence, among other things, this solution was impressive and could be integrated into our existing infrastructure such as the storage network and storage virtualization.
Martin Overath, Head of IT, Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt/Main
We are very satisfied with the cooperation with OPTIMAL SYSTEMS. In the shortest possible time, the implementation was successfully completed.
Jochen Bröring, Head of Department, DRV-Westfalen, Salzetal Klinik