Maritime transports involve numerous documents that need to be accessed permanently. Working with paper documents resulted in big disadvantages, e.g. multiple filing, tedious searches or time-consuming archiving. Moreover, the paper archives of HUGO STINNES SCHIFFAHRT GmbH (HSS) were spread across different locations. Thus, the old archive was not practical and had become too confusing. Therefore, HSS searched for a solution to use documents in a more effective way, thereby saving time and money. It soon became clear that the problems could only be solved by using a system for electronic archiving and document management.
ECM solutions and scenarios :
- Replacement of paper archives at different locations
- Implementation of digital, centralized document management
- Financial accounting integration (Microsoft Business Solutions Navision)
- Solution for electronic mail and invoice receipt with barcodes, OCR and automatic validation/indexing
- Digital approval workflows including substitution rules
- Deadline management